TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ is TIBCO’s flagship standards-based service creation, orchestration, and integration product. TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ Plug-in for Big Data is an add-on product that extends the core functionality of TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™, allowing for access to the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and the orchestration of Pig, Hive, and MapReduce jobs.
No Code Experience
Reduce the time to results by enabling developers and administrators to build and change applications with little or no coding. Create all business processes and connections in a GUI driven design time environment.
Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) Integration
The HDFS palette consists of the following activities:
- HDFS Operation: Perform file operations on files in HDFS including copying local files to HDFS, copying files from HDFS to local directory, renaming files, and deleting files in HDFS.
- ListFileStatus: Check the status of the specified file or directory.
- Read: Read data from a file in HDFS.
- Write: Write data to a specified file in HDFS.
Hadoop Job Orchestration
The Hadoop palette consists of the following activities for creating Hadoop based orchestration processes:
- Hive: Query and manage large datasets on HDFS.
- MapReduce: Invoke mapper and reducer programs already on a Hadoop cluster, load the programs directly from the activity to the cluster, or initiate streaming map/reduce programs.
- Pig: Load a Pig script from local disk, create an ad-hoc Pig script in the editor, or invoke a user defined function (UDF) on HDFS.
- WaitForJobCompletion: This activity allows the ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks process to wait until the Hadoop jobs are complete before continuing with the process.